INTO A BLENDER TOSS:
• 1 half banana (preferably frozen)
• 1 T peanut butter (or almond butter)
• 1 T raw cacao powder (preferably, or unsweetened cocoa, if you have no cacao)
• 1 t sprouted brown rice, pea or hemp protein powder (or any protein powder)
• 1 t hemp seeds
• 1 t chaga mushroom powder (I like Moon Juice's)
• 1 t green adaptogen protein powder (Sun Potion brand)
• 1 C of almond, coconut or grass-fed dairy milk
• If your banana is not frozen, add a few ice cubes. It doesn't hurt to add a few anyway, to make it nice and smooth (and cold!)
• optional 1 t honey (this is sweet enough for me, but it has a very earthy taste, so if you are not used to eating superfoods in your diet yet, I suggest adding a touch of honey, pure maple syrup or coconut nectar syrup in order to make it more palatable first. Try it without, take a sip and then if it's not sweet enough, just add a little bit of honey.
BLEND AND ENJOY!
This literally takes minutes to make and is a good pick-me up for mamas who don't feel like being near food or cooking. It will give you and your baby healthy protein and a nice helping of minerals, for a mid afternoon snack.