This is not an expert opinion, but I believe that a lot of trouble with infertility in America has to do with the fundamentals of our diets and our minds.
In order to conceive a baby, the body needs to know that you are capable of carrying a baby, both physically and mentally. If you are trying to get pregnant, do all of the following things in this protocol. (And just so you know, this is what worked for me-- I was doing all of these things to prepare my body for eventually getting pregnant and I got pregnant without really trying, incredibly fast. And when a dear friend of mine asked me about fertility, I told her about these things, she did them, and then she, too, got pregnant very fast, also without really trying.) Please note that this is my personal experience, paired with my background in holistic nutrition and cooking. I am not a doctor and I do not claim to be. I know that many people struggle with fertility and it can be a very long, emotional, expensive and painful process for some women and families. However, even if you are one of these women, I encourage you to let go of any self-limiting beliefs you may have surrounding fertility. If you have tried all of the below nutritional suggestions, then there may be a mental or emotional block somewhere, so do try the metaphysical suggestions as well. You are not only trying to show your body that you are ready to become pregnant; you must also show this soul who is to be your child that you are ready.
1. DRINK BONE BROTH EVERYDAY. If you are a vegetarian, no pressure, you can skip this. However, this really really helps. The collagen, fat and protein levels in bone broth feed your cells the basic nutrients needed to maintain a pregnancy.
2. LET GO OF EVERYTHING HOLDING YOU BACK. If you are still living in the past, having trouble forgiving yourself or others, harboring resentments or practicing negative thinking, you will have trouble conceiving. You must release doubt, fear and past trauma, in order to make room for this spirit to enter your body. Write down everything you are currently harboring and holding in your mind and body. Let whatever comes up come up. Then release it by praying to the Universe. You may say things like, "Dear Universe, please help me forgive myself. Please let me see this situation differently so that I might forgive this other person. Please take this doubt and fear from inside me. I surrender my desire to let go of past trauma." This step can take time, particularly if you have negative emotions buried in the subconscious. But the more you become aware of these past or current grievances, and the more you turn over your fears to the universe and try to let go of these negative emotions, the more you will make room for an amazing miracle.
It is also amazing how often you will find negative feelings and resentments still held against yourself. Guilt and shame are two of the biggest roadblocks to attaining your desires. If you secretly hate yourself, you are not showing that baby's spirit that you have room to love another. You have to find the love for yourself first, and take care of yourself first. You gotta start releasing all of your baggage from the past, all of that negativity and begin to look at yourself and others as humans, all sharing this experience as man. We are all prone to f*ck ups and at our deepest cores, we are all made up of stardust and just want to be loved and love each other.
3. SURRENDER YOUR DESIRE TO CONCEIVE. Again, talk to the Universe. "I am ready for a child when you think I am ready, or when the child is ready. There is no pressure on timing, I let go and trust. I just want you to know that I am ready when you are. I surrender and turn over my desire for a child." You can elaborate with specifics here too. When speaking to the universe, whatever you say must ring true for you. It can't feel silly. So just speak from the heart, as you would to a dear friend. Feel teh love and honesty pour through your heart and you will convey your message. I like to use the word "Universe," but God/dess, any term you like will do. The important thing here is letting go. When you let go of attachment to something (attachment being a tense form of energy) you enable that very thing to come to you. When you release something, the tension eases and energy naturally flows.
4. TAKE PRENATAL VITAMINS. Even if you eat extremely well, this is something that is recommended by all doctors, and will make sure that your body's stores of vitamins are sufficient for building a baby. If you do indeed get pregnant, this will also put your mind at ease, because prenatal vitamins contain the right amount of folic acid necessary for your baby's neural development.
5. TAKE LIVER SUPPLEMENTS. Another option here is eating liver in your diet, but the supplements are a means of getting this nutritional food daily. The Native Americans used to give women the livers of animals when trying to conceive. This is actually a common practice among many native cultures around the world. If you are not a vegetarian, or even if you are and you have struggled to become pregnant, consider taking a grass-fed beef liver supplement. There are plenty of sustainable, conscious and kind companies out there who make vitamins of liver, as well as other organs.
6. EAT A BALANCED VARIETY OF PLANTS AND VEGETATION. Eating plenty of leafy greens will keep your body stocked up on great nutrients, but you also want to make sure you get a balance of other colors too. Baked yams, purple cabbage, black kale, yellow lentils... the more colorful your diet, the larger the variety of nutrients you have on hand to make a human!
7. EAT FAT. I also think that one of the reasons our society struggles with fertility is because of a fear of fat. Eat lots of healthy fats, such as coconut oil and grass-fed ghee or butter. Salmon and omega-rich balanced meals are great for this. Your body will balance itself out by not craving as much of this when you do become pregnant.
8. DRINK FERTILITY TEA. I actually didn't even make it to this stage before I got pregnant. Vitex, or chasteberry is an old herb that is thought to regulate hormones and increase chances of conception. However, you don't want to overdo it with this herb either. It is very potent. I've crafted a fertility tea that is over in the shop, that contains this herb, paired with other goodies. You just drink one little cup per day. I really believe that if you do all of the other steps though, you don't even need the tea.
Let me know if you have any questions about any of these. I am happy to email :)