1 C oat flour (you can buy gluten-free if extra cautious)
3/4 C coconut flour
1 t baking soda (aluminum-free)
1/2 t pink salt or sea salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t garam masala
2 T hemp seeds
1 serving/ or 1 packet of Moon Juice's Spirit Dust (you can also add more to up the medicinal factor if desired)
1/3 C ghee (or melted, room temperature coconut oil will do if you are dairy-free), plus a little more for greasing the pan
1/4 C honey
1/4 C pure maple syrup
2 mashed large bananas, extra ripe (brown)
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 C milk of choice (I like whole milk or coconut milk)
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
• In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (everything before the ghee.) Set aside.
• Using a little bit of coconut oil or ghee, grease a standard loaf pan/ dish. I like to use a glass loaf dish. Set dish aside.
• In a separate, large sized bowl, whisk together the ghee, honey and maple syrup.
• Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well.
• Add the banana, vanilla and milk, then whisk together.
• Once liquids are mixed, add the dry mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, until blended together. You want to make sure the mixture doesn't have powder bits, but also don't want to over-mix.
• Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan, then spread evenly with a spatula or back of a wooden spoon.
• Put the dish in the middle baking rack of the oven and bake for one hour. Remove from oven, and then cover with a cloth or foil for about 20 minutes. This helps retain the moisture during cooling.
• Slice and serve! I recommend adding a little ghee, grassfed butter or coconut butter to a warm slice. When not serving, keep covered, and you can warm it up in the oven.